Today, Chilly’s blog turns 3. Yeah, that’s right, 3 years ago in 2010 I wrote my very first blog post. 3 Years later, I am still here. 🙂
2013 has been a crazy interesting year for me. Lots of ups and downs. One of the biggest downs has been that I have been unable to write as much as I would like to. In fact over April & May, I never wrote 1 single post. But I am trying to ensure that never happens again.
On the upside, it was totally mind-blowing to travel half way across the world & meet someone who when they saw me wearing my chillysblog t-shirt, told me they enjoyed reading it.
Some more highlights of 2013:
- How to become a Salsa Badass. This is a really cool post and I thoroughly enjoyed writing it.
- Travelling to the US for the 1st time, going to Las Vegas, attending the 15th LA Salsa congress and then my interview with an LA Salsera shortly thereafter.
- Getting to know a fellow blogger and salsa lover in the UK called a Salsera in the City.
- Starting my own dance school – Alisar Dance and getting that off the ground.
- Getting back on stage and performing after a hiatus
So yeah, all in all – 2013 has been an interesting year. Lets see what Year 4 Has to offer.
Right now, the big excitement is the Mzansi Cape Town Salsa Festival starting in less than 2 weeks. So excited and cant wait for it! Ill be giving you a blow by blow from next week, so keep tuned.
Before I leave, I gotta say – check out the Salsa section of my blog and see if there is any post you might have missed or want to read again. Just so you know, I have some real gems in there.
Peace, Love, Happiness & Salsa!
Chilly is out!