Its official: The Mzansi Cape Town International Salsa Festival will take place from the 31st of October to the 3rd of November 2013 in Cape Town, South Africa.
visit capetownsalsafestival.com for more details.
Quick fact: Mzansi is a term for south and is often used as the slang term for South Africa.
This festival is shaping up to be quite an event with over 23 local schools getting involved and a host of international acts like Island Touch, Alien Ramirez, Marchant & Davina Birch, Albert Torres, Mark Anthony’s Ukraine Mambo Project, Daniels Dance & Yassin Mutati.
You definitely don’t wanna miss this. Tickets recently went on sale, so get onto the website now to book yours. Ticket prices go up on the 1st of every month, so the earlier you book, the less you pay!
Here are a few highlights you can expect:
- Over50 Workshops catering for all levels in various dance styles (Salsa On 1, On 2, Cuban style, Cha Cha Cha, Bachata, Kizomba, Pachanga, Reggaeton, African Dance, Cape Jazz, Body Movement, Ladies and Gents Styling, Samba, Rumba, Tango, International Latin and American Rythm Ballroom) from some of the worlds best instructors
- Performances by South African Dance teams
- Performances by International Guests
- South Africa’s hottest DJ’s
- Special Guest DJ’s
- Live Band to be confirmed
- 4 Nights of Parties
- 5 Day Tour of Cape Town for attendees that includes Safari, Table Mountain, Robben Island, Kirstenbosch Picnic, Camps Bay Beach, Stellenbosch Wine Route and more
You definitely don’t wanna miss this and I hope to see you there!
Till next week …..
…. (= looking for a new tag line to sign off my blog in 2013?? Suggestions????)