I am writing a script for a dance movie and decided to share the storyline with you!
FADE IN DANCING (Dancing in this case = hardcore insane body movement that mere mortals cannot even begin to comprehend)
- Introduce Main male character who is a good looking Bad Boy Rebel with a sweet side who can dance (yeah right). Lets call him Nate!
- Intorduce Nates main competitor who is also a good looking yet ‘arogant’ bad boy rebel. Lets call him Zane.
- Nate and Zane battle and Zane whoops Nates Ass because Zane is the best.
- Nate vows he will enter an upcoming dance battle which Zane always wins.
- Nate actually has to win this battle for some reason or another
- MORE DANCING
- Introduce Main Female character (Rinoa) who is a down to earth – Hot Babe (notice the contradiction) with some sort of Family issue
- Boy Meets girl and they dance off – Girl outshines Boy
- Boy asks Girl to join his dance crew to enter the upcoming battle
- Girl acts like she is not interested (but we both know she is)
- Girl joins Boy’s dance crew and eventually falls for boy
- Girl and Boy dance to something romantic / cut away to Love scene
- Boy is actually a bad boy and so he does something silly to Girl and Girl walks away
- Boy quits competion and walks out on his dance crew
- Boy realises error of his ways and runs back to Girl & girl says no
- Boy decides he has to do competition now that he has wisened up & learnt the error of his ways
- Boy runs back to his dance crew & after giving him some slack, they go to the dance battle
- SHIT LOADS OF DANCING
- Final battle between Nate and Zane
- Zane is kicking Nates ass just like at the beginning of the movie
- Girl shows up last minute and together her and Nate throw down the routine they have been practicing
- Boy wins competition
- Boy tells Girl he still wants to be with her and Girl tells boy she forgives him
- MORE DANCING
Is that innovative or what? I think I should write a blog about this. Wait, I just did!
Till next week Danceaholics!
P.s. I am gonna go see Step Up 4 in next week and I wonder what that story line will be about! Damn it, I hope they dont steal my idea.
Brilliant – i laughed until i cried (but most of that was at your spelling!). I think it will be a real blockbuster – completely original but with a minute amount of the vaguely familiar. Good job Chilly – time we got you a director’s chair!
OK … so that was the storyline of STREET DANCE 2 … and it will probably be the storyline of STEP UP 4 … but then NO real dancer actually goes to a dance movie for the storyline … we all watch them for the dancing … now if you looking for something very original … check out QUE PASA by Zarin Thompson (ex Que Pasa barman) & Anthony Oseyemi (friend of mine from UK) … http://www.lulu.com/shop/zarin-thomson/que-pasa/ebook/product-1557232.html … it was developed while Zarin was working at Que Pasa & many students spent hours sharing ideas that eventually gave way to the final script … the plot involved sex, drugs, violence & loads of Salsa Dancing … they just couldn’t get the funding to produce the movie yet, but it’s a good read 🙂
Not just street dance, what about You got served, Step Up 1,2,3, Stomp the yard and a host of other dance movies? They all follow a similar line hence my own unique creation.