Recently, I have been re-watching some old Movies. (Note: When I say Old, I mean anything older than 10 years.) I gotta admit, I am loving them. The dialogue is so rich and acting so believable, they just dont write scripts like these now days.
So I took some time out to share quotes with you from 3 movies I watched again this month. These quotes can only be summed up in 1 word – BRILLIANT! (By the way, if you have not seen these 3 movies, you should be ashamed!!!!)
Erin Brockovich is a 2000 drama film starring Julia Roberts who won the Academy Award, Golden Globe, Screen Actors’ Guild Award and BAFTA for Best Actress. It is based on a true story about the corporate greed and unethical behaviour.
Lawyer: “I think we got off on the wrong foot here.”
Erin: “Thats all you got, 2 wrong feet and f**cking Ugly shoes!” (My personal favourite)
Kurt Potter: how did you do this?
Erin Brockovich: Well, um, seeing as how I have no brains or legal expertise, and Ed here was losing all faith in the system, am I right?
Ed Masry: Oh, yeah, completely. No faith, no faith…
Erin Brockovich: I just went out there and performed sexual favors. Six hundred and thirty-four blow jobs in five days… I’m really quite tired.
Scarface is a 1983 movie starring Al Pacino as Tony Montana. The movie chronicles his rise to the top of Miami’s cocaine empire.
– I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice.
– Orders? You giving me orders? Amigo, the only thing in this world that gives orders is balls. You got that? Balls.
– In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.
– Don’t toot your horn honey, you’re not that good.
– I’m Tony Montana……. (Disclaimer: You have to watch the movie to get the context of why this particular line is so brilliant.)
G.I. Jane is a 1997 action film directed by Ridley Scott and starring Demi Moore and Viggo Mortensen. The film tells the fictional story of the first woman to undergo training in U.S. Navy Special SEALS.
– I’ve never seen a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A bird will have fallen frozen dead from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself. The ebb and flow of the Atlantic tides, the movement of the sun across the ecliptic; these are just a few of the things I control in my world.
– 60% of you will not pass this course! How do I know? Because that is a historical fact! Now for the bad news, I always like to get one quitter on the first day, and until I do, that first day does not end!
– And you know the best thing about pain? It lets you know you’re not dead yet.
– Remember, there are no bad crews, only bad leaders.
– Whoa, whoa, whoa, Mr. Hayes. If a cannibal used a knife and fork, would you call that progress too?
– Suck my Dic* (Disclaimer: You have to watch the movie to get the context of why this line is so brilliant.)