Hi, my name is Chilly and I am a Salsa Addict. Its been 32Hrs since my last dance and it will be another 8Hrs till I dance again. I have been addicted to salsa going on 3 years now and I am loving every minute of it!!!
Define Addiction: The fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or ACTIVITY.
I, (just like many other people I know), am a Salsa Addict and proud of it. We usually have our meetings at Salsa Socials every weekend, usually from 10:00PM to 2:AM.
So, how do you know if you are a salsa addict?
I have combined a list of 32 points. If you are guilty of more than 10, well what can I say apart from Ill see you at the next dance meeting 😉
- Salsa lessons and the party cover charges are now a permanent part of your monthly expenses
- When you go clothes shopping, you make sure everything you buy is Salsa dance Friendly
- You have a pair of dance shoes permanently fixed in your car, just in-case an opportunity magically presents itself for you to dance
- Your boyfriend/girlfriend does not understand the “strictly platonic” relationship you have with your salsa dance partner
- You dump your boyfriend/girlfriend because he/she is getting in the way of your salsa dancing
- You sing passionately to songs with words you don’t understand
- You practice your turns when no one is looking. Usually in the bathroom, Kitchen, elevator or lobby
- You convince yourself that you can get by on 3-4 hours of sleep per night so you can dance until 2AM in the morning
- You have lost weight from dancing so much and you convince yourself that it’s the only exercise you will ever need
- You’ve considered getting a different job to co-exist with your salsa dancing
- Your friends and family do not understand how you can dance so much
- All your “former” friends have now abandoned you
- You don’t even miss your “former” friends, as long as you have Salsa!
- You start talking at 100kph just because someone shows an interest that you like to dance salsa
- You argue about how salsa should be danced e.g. On1 Vs. On2
- You cant dance normally any-more and you try your salsa shines in normal dance clubs
- Your shoes are worn out from all the spinning and you convince yourself that its ‘OK’ and that you can still dance in them
- You start clearing space in your room so you can dance salsa there
- You cannot imagine life without salsa
- You start changing your screen names to something related to salsa
- You are a writer and all you think about is writing about salsa
- You get stopped by random people in public places telling you that they have seen you dance before and they love it
- You are on that eternal search for those perfect shoes
- You realise that the only thing you have done for the past few months is go salsa dancing every single weekend and you are actually ‘Ok’ with that
- You walk into a Salsa venue and everyone there is like family to you
- Heaven is having lots of space on the dance floor so you can do do all the cool stuff you want to do without getting stepped on
- (Salsera’s) Your skirt keeps getting shorter and shorter and you start caring less and less how high your dress flares up when you turn.
- You decide that going out salsa dancing is more important than studying for that exam
- You plan your holidays around salsa events OR you lie to your boss and tell him/her the reason you have to go overseas is strictly for business. He/She does not need to know there is a congress that weekend 😉
- Club owners hate you because all you do is drink water when you go out
- When you dress up to go out in the middle of the week, your flatmates or family don’t even have to ask where you’re going….obviously Salsa Dancing
- You’ve convinced yourself that you’ve finally got it under control now that you only go out dancing 3 to 4 times a week